Monday, May 3, 2010

taken from PostSecret:


This postcard made me smile, because it's exactly how I feel. Not every morning when I wake up, but when I take a step back and evaluate the person I am now compared to the person I used to be... See, sometimes I miss home but there are the days where I look around me and think "Damn. I. Love. England." Especially now the sun is out and the weather is getting good, I can walk around in a sweater and jeans without having a throw a thick coat on top, and it's 8:30 pm and it's just nearing sunset...

Last night my grandfather called and asked where I was. Instead of saying "my room" I answered "home". It was a Freudian slip, but still, sometimes I do wonder whether it's that. That I've managed to find my place in the world, a home away from home. Even though I miss the hot weather and the good food, there are some things about this place that make it special. And even though I say I left a part of my heart in Malaysia, England might just claim yet another bit of it too. That doesn't mean that I won't be happy wherever I might go- it just means that wherever I step foot on, I'll always look back, smile, and remember the person I was at a certain time, at a certain place, and that that person enjoyed her life as it was.


This is me in England.


This too. Yes, it is fun rolling down hills.


And this is me back home. Bad photo, but it was the best picture in my Facebook archive that really captured the Malaysian theme, okay? But that's not the point. The point is... 

I'd like to think that I'll always be making memories, be smiling and laughing and taking too many pictures as I go along, living life not the way I want it to be lived, but the way I make it so that it is worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment